The Doctoral Consortium will take place in conjunction with the 6th International Conference on Model-Driven Engineering and Software Development, (MODELSWARD), to be held January 22 - 24 in Funchal, Madeira, Portugal. The MODELSWARD 2018 doctoral consortium will provide an opportunity for graduate students to explore their research interests in an interdisciplinary workshop, under the guidance of a panel of distinguished experts in the field.
GOALS & SCOPE
The Doctoral Consortium will take place in conjunction with MODELSWARD'2018. It will provide an opportunity for PhD candidates to discuss their research work in a constructive environment, under the guidance of a panel of established researchers. Candidates are eligible in all stages of their PhD work. Therefore we encourage them to submit their proposal statements from their earlier stages with potentially unfinished and not yet validated ideas, to nearly completed PhD proposals seeking a final feedback before delivery. More precisely, the Doctoral Consortium will provide students with an opportunity to:
- Present their research work in a relaxed and supportive environment;
- Receive feedback and suggestions from peers and experienced faculty members;
- Gain an overview of the breadth and depth of model driven engineering;
- Obtain insight into directions for model driven engineering research taken by other candidates;
- Discuss concerns about research, supervision, the job market, and other issues;
- Network with peers and future colleagues
DOCTORAL CONSORTIUM CHAIR
Fernando Brito e Abreu, ISTAR/ISCTE-IUL, Portugal
DOCTORAL CONSORTIUM REQUIREMENTS AND RULES
The Doctoral Consortium is based on the following requirements and rules:
- It is open only to Doctoral Students who have started their research;
- Each student with an accepted paper at the Doctoral Consortium must register and attend MODELSWARD: a special student fee applies;
- Each paper must be presented by the student
- Submissions will be judged mainly on relevance, originality, technical quality and clarity;
- Paper length: up to 12 pages;
- Papers must be written in MS-Word or Latex including the following information:
- research problem;
- outline of objectives;
- state of the art;
- methodology and
- expected outcome;
- stage of the research.
Registered papers will be included in the CD-ROM that includes the proceedings of the conference and the papers presented at the venue will also be included in the SCITEPRESS Digital Library.
However, they will not be included in the book of proceedings as archival publications therefore they will remain free of copyright.
HOW TO APPLY TO THE DOCTORAL CONSORTIUM
To apply for participation at the Doctoral Consortium, please submit your paper through the online submission platform PRIMORIS
and follow the instructions and templates (MSWord
that can be found under Templates
After the paper submission has been successfully completed, authors will receive an automatic confirmation e-mail.
ACCEPTED STUDENTS SHOULD PREPARE:
1. An introduction of themselves and their Ph.D. project for the introductory session. 1 slide only. Duration: 60 sec max.
2. A 10 minute presentation of their Ph.D. project (4 slides max) to be used for introducing discussion about their project and its main issues during the small group sessions.
3. Students are also invited to prepare a poster about their Ph.D. for the main conference poster session.
BEST PhD PROJECT AWARD
A "Best PhD Project Award" will be conferred to the student of a paper presented at the conference doctoral consortium, selected by the Doctoral Chair based on the combination of paper reviewing marks and the feedback of the Advisory Board.
The award will be announced and bestowed at the conference closing session.
The author of an awarded paper will be entitled to:
- A signed and stamped official award certificate;
- The announcement of their achievement on a special conference webpage;
- A one year free membership of INSTICC (http://www.insticc.org), warranting full access to the SCITEPRESS Digital Library. If already an INSTICC member, then this offer adds one year to her/his current membership.
- A voucher for a free or reduced registration* in one event sponsored by INSTICC, valid during a 12 months period, including all conference materials (without the printed proceedings).
This voucher is only available if the presenter attends the closing session and receives the award.
* Speakers are entitled to a 50% discount over the basic registration fee; non-speakers are entitled to a free registration.